Friday, September 4, 2009

Globalization

Globalization is a very tough subject. Like most issues in the world, there is no "right answer". Many people worldwide correctly argue that globalization is "a force for environmental devastation, exploitation of the developing world, and suppressing of human rights". However, it is also true that globalization is a means of economic growth that can help bring more prosperity to the developing nations of the world. In my own personal opinion, I don't know which argument is closer to the truth. I think that the world needs people arguing both points because that keeps everything in moderation. I think capitalism and free markets and economic growth are extremely important components of society. However, I also believe that everything has re-precautions and that it is not okay to step over everyone and everything that stands in the way of becoming more prosperous. It really is a tough situation and I don't think there is a "right answer" because no matter what, someone is getting screwed. I believe that the "best answer" is the one where the most amount of people are gaining and as few as possible are losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment